Yeah, I know it’s been a while. But I’m back with my best reads this year and my favourite TV shows.
Top Ten Books:
1. The Foxhole Court / All For The Game – Nora Sakavic
This Trilogy destroyed my heart and has leaped to the best Trilogy I’ve ever read. Also best books ever. Second only yo Harry Potter.
2. More Happy Than Not – Adam Silvera
All I have to say is, thank you for destroying my heart, Silvera. This was such a beautiful book.
3. The Raven Cycle – Maggie Stiefvafer
I reread the first two books of this series and The Dream Thieves remains the best of the lot. The books are so poetic, so wondrously engaging. Adam + Ronan, ftw.
4. Fullmetal Alchemist (manga) – Hiromu Arakawa
I’ve read 14 and a half volumes of this manga series and it continues to astound me everytime. I have laughed and cried with this manga.
5. The Rest of Us Just Live Here – Patrick Ness
Excellent and diverse representation, quirky and interesting plot, what more do you need?
6. Fight Club – Chuck Palanuik
Fucked massively with my mind. And kept me reading till the very end. Just, just so fucking brill.
7. The Lunar Chronicles – Marissa Meyer
Four books, read during my exams in two days. That should tell you how hooked the books kept me.
8. The Only Thing Worse Than Me is You – Lily Anderson
I laughed so much. And loved it even more. Much Ado is my favourite play by the Bard, so it’s fitting that this book did it justice in the nerdiest way possible.
9. The Hating Game – Sally Thorne
Such a cute, bookish romance. I loved reading every page of this.
10. The Three Simple Rules series – Nikki Sloane.
The best adult erotic-romantic books I’ve read this year. Special mention to the second and fifth books of the series which were my favourites. So sexy, so much fun.
-Blue is the Warmest Colour
-The Murder of Roger Aykroyd
-Scott Pilgrim Vol 1 & 2
-Adulthood Is A Myth
1. Yuri!!! On Iceii (Victuuri destroyed me)
2. Class (Ness is pretty darn amazing.)
3. Fullmetal Alchemist (So is Arakawa)
4. Jessica Jones (Future Goals)
5. Parks and Recreation (!!!)
7. Daredevil (so much win)
A lot of what I watched and read this year had LGBTQIA+ and PoC representation and I loved it. I hope to have more exposure to such forms of entertainment in 2017. And I hope to have as good or maybe even better a reading year in 2017. Here’s to the 114 books I’ve read this year and the contest fanfiction I’ve devoured.
Until next time,