Dates: February 20, 12AM EST – February 22, 12AM EST
Love-A-Thon Questionnaire & My Answers
Hey guys, I’m participating in the Love-A-Thon happening from today (February 20th) to Monday (February 22nd). And this is the first in a series of posts and mini-challenges I’ll be doing. So grab something to eat, and read my asnwers to all of the below questions. Feel free to sign up at the above links (StayBookish.net) and spread the love!
1. What’s your name?
2. Where in the world are you blogging from?
Mumbai, (Popularly also known as Bombay) India. (The place where Coldplay shot Hymn For The Weekend.)
3. How did you get into blogging in the first place?
I started blogging in 2013, I have a personal blog named Freedom and Inspiration and I decided to chronicle my 2015 Summer with a separate Summer Blog and later, that was converted into my Book Blog which is where you are now. Blogging started as a way to express myself, my thoughts and to work on my writing skills.
4. How did you come up with your blog name?
It took me a while to come up with Books, Feels and Tears. I tried NiaCarnelioReads but I was told and then realized it too, it’s too immature. A distant yet commonplace blog name would be better than something people wouldn’t remember or be able to pronounce.
5. What genre do you read and review the most on your blog?
I finally accepted my undeniable love for Young Adult books and stopped shaming myself for reading them and not the classics and that is what I primarily read and review on BFT. But I also read and review NA.
6. What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews?
My book blog exists solely for bookish posts – favorite books, reviews, that kind of stuff. I have my personal blog (mentioned above) for all of my life stories and ramblings. I should really learn to post more here, huh?
7. Best blogging experience so far?
Oh, it’s hard to pick one. I think the wonderful Twitter chats and the blog hops people do thanks to which they end up on my blog is such a wonderful feeling. Other than that, it’s probably the time I won twenty books from Young Adult Scavenger Hunt – that was the time I started thinking about book blogging seriously and also the first time I’d heard about ARCs.
8. Favorite thing about the blogging community?
The kinship – everyone is such good friends with each other that sometimes it’s hard to weave your way in, but if the effort is made, it is so worth it. There’s so much positivity to counter any negativity and so much love that it makes you feel like part of something really amazing.
9. Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2016!
- The Goal by Elle Kennedy
- The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater
- The Star Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi
- Beyond The Red by Ava Jae
- Gemina by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
10. Name the 5 books you want to read this 2016 that you didn’t get to in previous years!
- Vicious by V.E Schwab
- Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
- A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E Schwab
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to The Galaxy by Douglas Adams
11. What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read?
The Mates, Dates series by Cathy Hopkins. I know this is more middle-grade than YA, but this taught me so much in my preteen years. Oh, and Animorphs too. This series introduced me to Sci-Fi and I’ve fallen in love with it. I’m rereading the entire series this year, it’s the twentieth anniversary!
12. Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF?
Very cliché, but Hermione Granger. Although, I’m not as mental about scoring marks or high grades. But yeah, the love for reading would definitely draw us to becoming best friends. I think my sarcasm would complement her neuroticism fairly well. And she’d keep my procrastinating ass in line.
13. Which book boy or girl would be your book boyfriend/girlfriend?
James Potter. I know he belongs to Lily Evans-Potter, heck, they’re my OTP but James is also my one true love. Or I wouldn’t mind Garrett Graham from The Deal or Tarver Merendsen from These Broken Stars either.
14. Who would you recruit for your apocalypse squad (5 characters max).
- Hermione Granger
- Deadpool (Are non-bookish characters allowed?)
- Kady Grant (from Illuminae)
- Tarver Merendsen
- Lily Potter (which means James isn’t too far behind, and therefore neither is Sirius. ALL HAIL THE MARAUDERS.)
15. Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests?
Blogging & tweeting are things I enjoy immensely. Other than that, watching YouTubers such as Dan & Phil, iiSuperwomanii, Tyler Oakely, fangirling too much, crying over my dead OTPs and surfing Tumblr are things I love doing.
16. Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for?
Nothing – I suck at shopping. Shopping for clothes is my worst enemy, I pick up the most useless stuff. But I do enjoy shopping for fandom merch – t-shirts, badges, buttons, those sort of things.
17. At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would be playing?
It changes every day. Right now it would be the Deadpool Rap.
18. Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book.
- Book to film: Illuminae
- Show to Book: Supernatural
19. What would your dream library look like?
Ceiling to floor shelves filled with books, fandom merch everywhere – from Harry Potter to Supernatural to Doctor Who among many others. And maybe James and Lily & the Marauders sitting and having some tea on the several fluffy cushions from Society6 that I somehow had the money to buy.
20. Author you want to meet and sit down to tea with?
I hope you’ve enjoyed reading about me. Hope you’re having fun, and do participate in the Love-A-Thon!
Until next time,