This is just a short post before college resumes tomorrow and consumes me, detailing all the challenges I’m taking part in this year.
- Rock My TBR hosted by Sarah K of The Book Traveler
- Backlist Books Challenge hosted by Bekka from Pretty Deadly Reviews
- LGBTQIA Books Challenge hosted by Alexia from Pretty Deadly Reviews
- Diverse Reads Challenge hosted by Mishma from Chasing Faerytales & Shelly from Read, Sleep, Repeat
- Steampunk Books Challenge hosted by Katrina from Bookish Things and More and Stephanie from In Wonderland (This is a Goodreads Group.)
- Non-Fiction Books Challenge [I’ve kinda lost the link to where I signed up, oops.]
- Debut Authors Challenge hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl
That’s a lot of challenges, and even though I’ve signed up for them I’m not putting too much pressure on myself to adhere to them very strictly. I’m a huge mood reader and with college and assignments and all that jazz, it’s already going to be hard enough to keep track of my TBR. I’ve got my bookshelf all organized and now it’s easier to pick up books that I bought and read before I go out and buy some more. I won’t be posting any specific book lists for any of the challenges, but I’ll probably update them in my journal and on Twitter.
Some of the books / series I aim to finish this year include ones like Cinder, Throne of Glass, the standalones I received / bought all through last year including authors like Neil Gaiman and also finish series like The Raven Cycle (is it April yet?).
The books I’ll be reading for the challenge that begins on the 4th and continues till the 10th of January are:
Most Recent Haul: Red Queen (Also a buddy-read with a lot of peeps through Sarah’s Rock My TBR.)
Outside my comfort zone: The Space between Us (Also a University Read that I should’ve finished in the holiday.)
First of a series + FIRE Colours: Cinder
Book on my TBR: The Great Gatsby (Another Uni read. I really should’ve read these in December.)
Sequel: The Visitor (More on this below.)
In addition to all this, I’m also going to be reading the entire Animorphs series over the course of the year. I just really want to read this series in completion. While growing up as a pre-teen, I devoured as many books I could find –but never the entire series. So now that I have managed to locate the book, I’m going all out. These were one of the series that I loved and fell in love with and I think these books might be why I adore Science Fiction even if some of it goes above my head. So in the best tribute, I’m reading all the books. There are about 54 and they’re relatively small so it won’t be a lot of trouble.
Here’s hoping I accomplish if not all, then most of these reading goals. May 2016 be a year filled with books and reading and knowledge of the best kind.
Until next time,